“My early memories are of my uncle's and aunts getting together every weekend to have a family dinner and play music. They would all sit around playing fiddles, guitars, mandolins, banjos and sing. That's when I first remember hearing about Bill Monroe, Flatt & Scruggs, the Stanley Brother's and all the first generation players including the first country generation artists as well. That was the foundation of my start in music!”
“Born in Kentucky, raised in Virginia, and planted in Tennessee.”-Mark Newton.
Milestones spanning over 30 years in music
• Newton is a founding member of the Graves' Mountain Festival of Music
• Newton and Carl Jackson are the current IBMA Fan Fest Producers.
• Mark Newton was recognized by The IBMA Leadership Bluegrass class of 2002.
• Performances at the White House and Kennedy Center in Washington, DC for the Carter, Clinton and Bush Sr. Administrations.
• Featured in multiple national magazines such as Billboard, Bluegrass Unlimited, and Bluegrass Now.
• Honored by the Governor of Kentucky as a Kentucky Colonel.
• Performed with the Pontiac Symphony Orchestra in Pontiac, Michigan.
• Mark Newton performed as an honorary Bluegrass Boy with Bill Monroe.
• Nominated in 2011 for 4 Awards by the International Bluegrass Music Association including Recorded Event of the Year and Album of the Year.
Mark Newton proudly endorses D’Addario, Wade Instruments, and Paige Capos